Research Study Looking for Volunteers
Some evidence shows that nutrition and regular exercise prevent cancer.
The specific impact of diet and exercise relating to the prevention of cancer remains unclear.
Help us examine the impact of improved nutritional and physical activity habits on reactive estrogens.
- Women, ages 35-60
- Body Mass Index (BMI) >28 and <40
- At high risk of breast cancer
- Able to engage in moderate to vigorous exercise program
- Willingness to participate in weekly lifestyle intervention
- Ability to travel to and from FHCRC prevention Center
- Ability to travel to and from intervention facility in Fremont neighborhood
- Questionnaires, interviews and activity logs
- Blood draws and urine collections
- Body Composition scans (DEXA)
- Physical exam and six-minute walk test
- Receive $150 for participating
If you have questions,
write to us at DEEM@fhcrc.org
or call (206) 667-6512.